What you need to know:
- Everything will be done to make this process as low stress as possible.
- Parents - you will be asked extensive questions about different areas of your child’s development including milestones, behavior, skills, social interactions to name a few.
- Children and teens will be asked to participate as much as they are able and willing. Observing them play alone and with their parents, and to interact on camera is helpful.
- Since much of the discussion is about your child, it’s often recommended that they engage in other activities out of earshot. Many children know they are being talked about and can get their feelings hurt.
- Throughout the interview, you will be given some initial impressions and recommendations.
- At the end of the session, you will be provided with the diagnostic results and the degree of confidence with the diagnosis. Meaning, that if there are more complex mental or physical health issues, you will be provided with suggestions for what to do next.
In any case, you will be provided with recommendations for next steps.
- If you live in California, you can be provided a medical diagnosis. Outside of California, you will be provided with diagnostic impressions.
Terms and Conditions
1) Payments for a diagnostic assessment is non-refundable once the assessment has started.
2) A $150 charge will be deducted from your refund for requests within 48 hours prior to your scheduled appointment for the late cancelation, as this time has been reserved for you.
3) You will receive an email within 2 weeks documenting the diagnosis/diagnoses, common traits, and "symptoms" that meet the diagnostic criteria within 2 weeks, or when all payments are made. If you need an accommodation letter, discuss this with Jen and it may be provided for an additional fee.
4) Follow up appointments, psychotherapy, coaching, parenting support, will be billable at a rate of $150 per hour.
5) You will be required to review and sign an informed consent agreement.
6) Assessments are available to those 2-years-old through adult.
7) All diagnostic assessments are carried out online via video call format
8) For toddlers and children, be prepared to be observed interacting and playing with your child, as well as observing them engaging in independent play or interests.
9) All your information will be kept private and protected.
10) Autism 360 Support has a zero-tolerance policy toward abuse against the diagnostician, and Autism 360 Support reserves the right to terminate an assessment without refund.